Saturday, July 16, 2011

Does Anyone Gain From You Screwing Your Life Up?

Luke Ford writes:

That’s a great question Dr. Patrick Carnes asks in his book The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitive Relationships.

This is an amazing question. Often you might find your life screwed up beyond recognition and you have no idea why. You have people close to you who say all the right things but once you ask yourself this question, you see that they are more invested in your failure than your success. You might have to move and make a fresh start.

I’ve been in situations where folks around me said the right things but they were invested in my failure. I had to extricate myself and start afresh.

The human heart tends as naturally towards evil as good and you can’t trust what people say. Often the urge to rescue is as sick as the urge to act out.

I discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs every Monday at 7pm PST on my live cam and on YouTube. Facebook Fan Page. This week we study Parashat Pinchas (Numbers 25:10-30:1).



No comments: