Saturday, September 24, 2011

Parashat Nitzavim (Deuteronomy 29:9-30:20) and Parashat Vayelekh IX

Luke Ford writesI discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs Mondays at 7:00 pm PST on my live cam and on YouTube. Facebook Fan Page.

 

This week we study Parashat Nitzavim (Deuteronomy 29:9-30:20) and Parashat Vayelekh (Deuteronomy 31:1-30.

* This is the last show from my hovel! I’m moving out Oct. 2.

* Rabbi Berel Wein writes: “There is a cynical but unfortunately accurate statement rife in the ranks of diplomats that treaties are made to be broken.” This is true in personal life as well. Anyone who tells you, “I will never lie to you” or “I will never betray you” or “I will always be there for you” is unlikely to live up to such lofty obligations. We have to stand on our own two feet in life and not try to rely on binding people to us in such obligations. 

 



No comments: